noises from storage bay or battery bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noises from storage bay or battery bay

We have a 2019 370GB that we bought in early 2020 to live in while working away from home. I have noticed loud “thunk” sounding noises from either the storage bay or battery bay when standing in bedroom or front bath. The noises are not periodic so I can’t sit near either open bay to wait to hear the noise when/if it happens. I know there are electrical components in those bays but I wouldn’t have thought they would make “thunk” sounds when energizing or de-energizing. The battery voltage reads 13.2 on the general display and doesn’t change when the noise is made. Any ideas or ways to get an electrical schematic of the unit to see what each piece is in case I can isolate the noise maker?

We had what sounds like the same issue.

Many have referred to the sound as a "pop" coming from the hydraulic system.. There is a very easy solution explained on the Vanleigh facebook page. Just go to the facebook page and search for pop. You will need to get a quart of anti sticton oil as explained. The process is approved by Lippert and is very easy. It takes just a few minutes and worked well for me.

If you try it, please report back here so I will know.

Thanks.
    2018 Vilano 365 RL
    2017 F350 Crew Cab, 6.7 diesel, SRW 4X4

Comment

Thanks but I don't have a facebook account so I can't read the solution. I tried re-leveling the RV and will see if that does anything. The front seems to have settled a touch. I'll post again if the noise takes a while to return which will point to the hydraulic system as the culprit. Does Lippert post this solution on their website?

Comment

I have no idea about the Lippert website. Maybe they will provide if you call them??

If you want to post your email address, I can sent you a screenshot that explains how to resolve the issue.
        2018 Vilano 365 RL

Comment

They do and they even recommend the type of oil to use - quick google search found this on a different forum.

https://manuals.heartlandowners.org/...%20Systems.pdf

You can also call Lippert and get direction, they do take calls and emails. The VanLeigh service center in MS added this stuff to my system to stop the pops and settling and it did work.

TVS

Comment

The process TVS referenced above is the same document I used. The whole process took only a few minutes and was very easy

I used the Torco fluid shown in figure 1. It is available on amazon.

We were also going slightly off level every week or so but that's no longer happening.
            2018 Vilano 365 RL

Comment

Thanks for the link. Once I worked the hydraulics to re-level the unit, the noise has ceased (for now). It wasn't present for the first week or so in the unit so it may be time dependent. I will buy the required fluid and follow the instructions to fix the issue. Thanks to this forum and the members.

Comment

Our Beacon came gen. prepped, but we don't have a generator. I replaced the transfer switch with a full surge protector and the thumping noises stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by hfd45c9 View Post
                  Our Beacon came gen. prepped, but we don't have a generator. I replaced the transfer switch with a full surge protector and the thumping noises stopped.
                  That's interesting - we were all talking about the hydraulics. Wonder what thumping noises you had!

TVS

Comment

I moved the trailer to a new job location and the new location requires the jacks to be only slightly extended in the front of the unit. I had read on another forum that having the legs extended a good portion of the travel length seemed to cause the noise problem to be worse. Don't know if this is true or the raising and lowering of the jacks for travel worked the air out. Silence is golden for now.

Comment

Working...
                    X