Hitch???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TVS View Post
    Good deal, JRS. I've got probably 3,000 miles on mine with very little issue. I'm doing another 3,000 in the next couple weeks.

The only thing is the handle is hard to maneuver (hookup and unhook) from the ground with the dually. That could use a bit of a "re-think" from the factory, but I don't know how that would happen.
    I'm short so I carry a 2 step folding ladder in the bed of the truck when I tow. I also have the B&W Companion with the Ram puck system. Used it a few times and like the solid feel and simplicity. But need my ladder.
    2007 Itasca Horizon, 12 Wrangler Toad
    2015 GD Solitude 320X, 2017 Ram 3500 Laramie CC, LWB, 4WD, SRW
    SOON TO BE POSSIBLY Vilano 320GK

Comment

Just think how it is for us with a dually truck not single rewr wheel. Thoee fenders are huge. The B&W is workjng great. 2K on the combo and all is well.
      Jim & Marianne
      2018 Ram 3500 Laramie crew cab dually
      2018 Vilano 365RL

Comment

Originally posted by JRS950 View Post
        Just think how it is for us with a dually truck not single rewr wheel. Thoee fenders are huge. The B&W is workjng great. 2K on the combo and all is well.
        Had a 12 Ram Dually before and had a ladder then too.
        2007 Itasca Horizon, 12 Wrangler Toad
        2015 GD Solitude 320X, 2017 Ram 3500 Laramie CC, LWB, 4WD, SRW
        SOON TO BE POSSIBLY Vilano 320GK

Comment

Ladder.
          I am searching for a ladder as we are getting ready to get back on the road. Know what I want, just don't want to spend the money. Always a trade off.
          Jim & Marianne
          2018 Vilano 365RL

Comment

If you really want to smooth things out , swap to a flex-air pin box instead of the stock rota-flex. Your truck and trailer will thank you. I run a B&W hitch also.. FYI, lippert voids frame warranty with an Andersen hitch.
            2012 FORD F-350 4x4 CC DRW
            2018 VILANO 375FL HEAVILY OPTIONED

Comment

I"m thing of buying a Vilano 320GK , I have a 2017 Ram 2500 Mega cab 2WD with cumming 6.7 diesel , can I tow this camper

Comment

I have a short bed on my F350 so purchased the 20k PullRite SuperGlide hitch. Had the puck system installed in my truck for convenience. No problems with it

Sent from my iPad using VLForums mobile app
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Nick D. View Post
                  I have a short bed on my F350 so purchased the 20k PullRite SuperGlide hitch. Had the puck system installed in my truck for convenience. No problems with it

Sent from my iPad using VLForums mobile app
                  Man that's a great hitch!

TVS

Comment

2 year update. Hitch and Ram 3500 dually working great. Never have to worry about not being fully hitch. Always do pull test anyway just for extra peace of mind. Probably have 15k soon hitch now, no issues. Same with the Vilano. Little things, but nothing major. Looking forward to more road time soon.
                    Anthony, don't know what you bought or are using, but 2500 Rams are not quite enough truck IMHO. Tires are your limiting factor. My pin weight is about 25% of my gvw, or about 4000 pounds.
                    Last edited by JRS950; 06-07-2020, 07:43 AM. Reason: Additional details.
                    Jim & Marianne
                    2018 Vilano 365RL

Comment

Working...
                    X