Installing new rear camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing new rear camera

I want to install a rear camera on my 365 fl but have no experience in this field. Any ideas from this forum and if so what model do you have? Is it wireless and how does it work? How expensive is it? Any information would be helpful. Thanks

Ernie

They make several wireless cameras and sell them on Amazon. The biggest problem is getting power to where the camera would be (if it's not pre-wired for power). Many tap the power off of the center clearance light (which is what I did on a previous rig).

This guy did the same thing - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kemYu2O3sP4 - but he complained in a later video that at least during testing, the video reception wasn't all that good because of distance. I think it had something to do with being inside of a metal building to be honest, but these things can be a little hit and miss.

My advice - if you are going to buy a wireless setup, at least buy one that has the possibility of buying an antenna for the middle to re-broadcast the signal in case you are too long. My setup is the stock wireless setup and it works just fine. It's the Furion system - https://goo.gl/YVpo3P It was installed at the stealership.

TVS

Comment

TVS, did your trailer have power at the housing on the back of your trailer, or did you need to tap into power elsewhere?
      Jim & Marianne
      2018 Ram 3500 Laramie crew cab dually
      2018 Vilano 365RL

Comment

My system came pre-wired. Just had to buy the camera and install it.

Comment

TVS, thanks for the information. I'll need to climb up and checkit out.
          Jim & Marianne
          2018 Ram 3500 Laramie crew cab dually
          2018 Vilano 365RL

Comment

I just purchase a digital wireless 7 inch monitor with digital wireless camera and furrion bracket for my Villanova 365 from tadi brothers in California. Bench tested everything and works great. Rated for 150 ft but know I was 200 ft apart and seems to work good. Going to install this week or next. Will try to take pictures and post.

Comment

Would love to see it!

TVS

Comment

Comment

Hello, want to follow up on my Camera I installed on my RL 365. I did a bench test and everything went well as expected but that’s where the good part ends. The camera is digital wireless with 150 ft range. A 450 dollar unit...It’s supposed to work..right. Can’t get to work installed in my R.V. Called Tadi Brothers for help. It works on the bench but when I install on R.V. it doesn’t work! They sent me a external annanta which didn’t help. They sent me a complete new unit. STILL DOES NOT WORK. Tadi Brother are working with me with all the way. They are doin the right thing helping out as much as possible. Finally we ordered a 40 foot cable from the rear camera to a wireless antenna and moved the antenna forward towards the front of the R.V. We ran the coaxed cable underneath the frame forward and put the wireless antenna in the very front storage compartment. We traveled from SD to TX and worked great. Yesterday we traveled from TX to AZ and still works great like it’s supposed to. Tati Brothers think maybe its the all aluminum trailer and all aluminum F 350 truck body that that’s the problem. Maybe... maybe no. That’s my experience.
                  ​​​​​​.

Comment

I didn’t have any problems with mine. Installed the side cameras also. All works great

Sent from my iPad using VLForums mobile app
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X