Galley slide problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Galley slide problem?

A fellow RVer followed us into a rest area and told us that the top of the galley slide is coming out ‘quite a ways’ when we corner in our 2018 365 RL Vilano. We contacted Vanleigh and were told not to worry about it because “it’s a heavy slide so will just do that”. Is anyone else experiencing this? We just had the leaf spring on that side fail too. We also had extensive damage to the slide rubber on the same slide. We can’t help but feel there’s more going on here.

I don't know that our slides do that but I was on the roof yesterday and both the top gasket seals on my 320GK were split of ripped. Seems like an odd place for them to get damage.

Ed

Comment

Last Opus - ours did the same and was replaced after only owning it a few months. I would definitely have the leaf spring checked out. If you travel with others, I would also have them watch the top of that galley slide and see if it’s popping out on corners as well. Personally I think it’s all part of a structural issue on that side.

Comment

This is the exact reason I joined this forum. We are having the same issue! Brand new and a huge list of things we have already fixed ourselves. Any more ideas on if there is a way to adjust the slide to keep it from happening?? Anyone??

Comment

Originally posted by RichardLizShaw View Post
          A fellow RVer followed us into a rest area and told us that the top of the galley slide is coming out ‘quite a ways’ when we corner in our 2018 365 RL Vilano. We contacted Vanleigh and were told not to worry about it because “it’s a heavy slide so will just do that”. Is anyone else experiencing this? We just had the leaf spring on that side fail too. We also had extensive damage to the slide rubber on the same slide. We can’t help but feel there’s more going on here.
          I can't believe they said that. That is simply not a acceptable answer. I've owned just about all kinds of RV's with multiple slides. I've never had that happen. I've never seen a slide do that. I've never even heard of a slide doing that.
          Do not let this go. Slides don't do that. The reason I joined this forum was because I was interested in a new Vanleigh 5th wheel. But if they think a slide that tilts out in a turn is normal I don't think I'll be spending my hard earned money with them.

Comment

Working...
          X